Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev will take on heavyweight boxing’s world champion Anthony Joshua in London on December 12, 2020.
The fight date was confirmed by Pulev, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) mandatory challenger, on Monday.
The 39-year-old had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20. However, the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London!,” the Bulgarian; known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his Facebook page.
He added on his website (www.kubratpulev.com) that “the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.”
Anthony Joshua, 30, defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December. The victory saw him win back his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles. The Nigerian-Briton was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017. But the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.
ALSO READ: Anthony Joshua: Fury wants boxing showdown
Pulev challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014; losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on a fifth-round knockout.
Meanwhile, another fearsome fighter, Tyson Fury said he was eager to give British boxing fans what they want by fighting Anthony Joshua for the undisputed world heavyweight title. However, he said the duo must focus on their immediate opponents to make such a match happen.
Fury won the WBC title in Las Vegas three months ago with a seventh-round stoppage of Deontay Wilder.
Anthony Joshua defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a December rematch in Saudi Arabia. Thereafter, he reclaimed his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles. Anthony Joshua faces a next fight with mandatory IBF challenger Kubrat Pulev. But their bout scheduled for June 20, was postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Meanwhile, Fury will take on Wilder in a rematch later this year.