Army warns troops against taking pictures, videos during operations

Army warns troops against taking pictures, videos during operations

The Nigerian Army has warned soldiers against filming their operations while on assignment.

This warning was contained in a memo issued on Tuesday, November 3, and signed by K.O Bukoye on behalf of Farouk Yahaya, the Chief of Army Staff.

According to the army, the practice, which it said had become prevalent in recent times contradicts its social media policy and portends dangers for the troops.

It called on its various commands to sensitize troops on the need to desist from indulging in such acts.

Also Read: Bandits abduct former NPA GM in Kano

The statement read, “Recent happening reveals that troops are still in the habit of taking pictures and videos while conducting operations. This habit has become worrisome as it goes contrary to the social media policy and also portends dire consequences, especially for the personal security of troops.

“It will be recalled that several directives have been given with regards to the aforementioned. This continued act, therefore, suggests the need for continuous sensitization of troops at various theatres.

“In view of the foregoing, I am directed to respectfully request you direct formations; and units under your command to continually sensitize troops to desist from taking pictures or videos of operational engagement; in their various AQRS. Please treat as important and acknowledge.”

Meanwhile, the Anambra State Government, on Wednesday, November 3, announced Thursday, Nov. 4, as well as Friday, Nov. 5 as work-free days ahead of the election.

Mr Harry Udu, the Head of Service in Anambra said the work-free days will enable residents to move to the locations where they registered as voters.

According to Udu, Gov. Willie Obiano approved the two work-free days.

“This will enable Public Servants in Anambra to travel to their respective communities to cast their votes on Saturday Nov.6,” he stated.

Similarly, the Police Command in Anambra said there would be a total lockdown from Thursday; to enable the Police to take control of the space and also deal with situations promptly.

Mr Echeng Echeng, Commissioner of Police in Anambra, said top-notch measures had been put in place; to ensure maximum security of life and property.

DSP Nkeiruka Nwode, Zone 13 PPRO and Head, Media for Anambra governorship election; who disclosed this in a statement, said Police assets and personnel posted from various Commands and formations had started arriving.

 

 

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.