What’s the current global trend?
COVID- 19: The goal for all countries is to make it to the blue section of the chart and stay there. Countries and territories in this section have reported no new cases for four weeks in a row.
Currently, that is the case for three out of 188 countries and territories.
Please note: The number of newly reported cases highly depends on a country’s ability to conduct tests and its strategy for administering tests. Additionally, some countries have been criticized for not accurately reporting case numbers.
How has the COVID-19 trend evolved over the past weeks?
The situation improved slightly: 43 countries have reported more cases in the past two weeks compared with 14 days earlier.
What is the current COVID-19 trend in my country?
Based on the newly reported case numbers — which can reflect local outbreaks as well as nationwide spread — in the past 28 days, countries and territories classify as follows:
More than twice as many new cases:
- Asia: Maldives, Taiwan Africa: Chad, Mauritania, Seychelles, Somalia
- Americas: Barbados
- Europe: Malta, Portugal
- Oceania: Samoa, Vanuatu
More new cases:
- Asia: Bhutan, Cyprus, Iran, Israel, Japan, Laos, Qatar, Thailand
- Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Morocco, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa
- Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Canada, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Saint Lucia
- Europe: Albania, Belgium, France, Hungary, Luxembourg
- Oceania: Australia, Papua New Guinea
About the same number of new cases (no change or plus/minus 2%):
- Asia: Timor Leste
- Africa: Eritrea, Kenya, Mali, Sao Tome and Principe
- Americas: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Europe: Italy, Spain, Ukraine
Fewer new cases:
- Asia: Bahrain, China, India, Iraq, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Zambia
- Americas: Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Kosovo, Lithuania, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Oceania: New Zealand, Solomon Islands
Less than half as many new cases:
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam, Palestinian territories, Yemen
- Africa: Algeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Lesotho, Libya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- Americas: Argentina, Chile, El Salvador, Grenada, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Suriname
- Europe: Denmark, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Switzerland
- Oceania: Fiji
Zero new cases:
- Asia: Tajikistan
- Europe: Vatican
- Oceania: Marshall Islands.