Pastor Dare Adeboye, the son of Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide, was pronounced dead on Thursday, May 6.
1st News gathered that the 42-year-old, who is the third son of the revered cleric, died in his sleep on Wednesday in Eket, Akwa Ibom State; where he was based with his family.
Dare Adeboye had also reportedly ministered yesterday according to sources from his parish at Region (Youth) 35 where he was the Assistant Pastor.
He was said to have retired to his bed and did not wake up.
His wife, Temiloluwa, was said to have raised the alarm.
“He was not sick; and did not complain of anything before the incident. Pastors in the church were summoned to pray for him, all to no avail,” a source added.
The Head of Media and Public Relations, RCCG, Pastor Olaitan Olubiyi, however, confirmed the tragedy on Thursday morning.
He said, “It is true. The incident happened in Eket where he was based. I don’t have the details for now. Maybe before the end of today, we will issue a statement.”
Dare would have been 43 years old next month, June.
Here are five things you don’t know about Dare Adeboye:
1. Dare Adeboye was the Assistant Pastor in charge of Region (Youth) 35.
2. He was the third son of the 79-year-old general overseer of one of the largest churches in the world.
3. Dare was happily married to Temiloluwa with children.
4. He was 42-years-old and would have clocked 43 in June.
5. Last year, on his 42nd birthday, his dad, in a social media post, described him as his first miracle child. He wrote on his Facebook page, “Our first miracle child. We pray that God will keep his miraculous working power in your life; as well as all those who need a miracle today; will use you as a point of contact for their own in Jesus’ name. (Amen) love from Dad, Mom, and the whole Adeboye dynasty.”