Decomposed bodies of two UNIZIK Students found

Decomposed bodies of two UNIZIK Students found

The decomposing bodies, (male and female), of two students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK, Awka; were found in a room at their hostel after security agents, in collaboration with the parents of one of the victims, forcefully broke the door on Sunday.

 

The probable cause of their death was hinged on generator fumes which were reportedly found on the corridor.

 

Meanwhile, Anambra State Commissioner of Police, CP, Echeng Echeng, has ordered a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of the victims.

 

However, Echeng in a statement advised the general public on the dangers of carbon monoxide.

 

Dangers of carbon monoxide

According to him, inhaling generator fumes can cause damage to the body, as well as lead to death.

He said, “It is a dangerous substance that is very toxic to health. This substance when inhaled can cause serious damage to the body and can lead to death.

The substances mostly emanate from generators, water heaters, coal-burning appliances, or any gasoline-powered engine.

Read Also: https://1stnews.com/human-breath-may-significantly-affect-office-air-quality-2/#

 

Stressing further, the Commissioner said that there was no mark found on the two UNIZIK students; but the Command had ordered for a comprehensive investigation into the matter.

“The command has ordered a comprehensive investigation into the discovery of two lifeless bodies, (male and female) on 20-02-2022; in a room at a student lodge in Awka.

“Preliminary investigation reveals fumes from the generator were strongly perceived from the room; when the door was forcefully opened by police officers that responded to the distress call.

Police officers responded

Meanwhile, the recovered bodies were deposited at the morgue and no mark of violence was found on the bodies.”

The CP urged the general public, most especially the generator users; to keep them away at safe distance from the window or any place the fumes can penetrate, to avoid inhaling poisonous fumes like Carbon monoxide affecting the ventilation of the house.

 

About The Author

Chuks Ofurum is a staff of 1ST NEWS. He writes the weekly column "The Mouthpiece". [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.