EFCC secures Court judgment against Mama Boko Haram, others

EFCC secures Court judgment against Mama Boko Haram, others

The Maiduguri Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has secured the conviction of Aisha Wakil, also known as Mama Boko Haram, alongside Tahiru Alhaji, Saidu Dura, and Lawal Shoyode.

 

 

EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement on Friday; that Justice Aisha Kumaliya of the Borno State High Court; sentenced Wakil and the others to seven years imprisonment; for conspiracy and obtaining money under false pretenses.

 

 

EFCC

 

 

According to him, the judgment was delivered on Thursday.

 

 

He explained that the convicted were; prosecuted by the anti-graft agency for falsely; obtaining N15m from one Bukar Kachalla of Hamiza Global Resources Limited; under the guise of supplying three units of Chemistry Analyser Solar Energy Brand Model 1800 (UK version).

 

 

Wakil was said to have; committed the offense while she was Chief Executive Officer of Complete Care and Aid Foundation.

 

 

Read Also: We Are Relying On God For Release Of Remaining 35 Kidnapped Train Passengers – Nigerian Government

 

The action was; said to be contrary to Section 1(1) (b) of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006.

 

 

“The judge sentenced them to seven years imprisonment without an option of fine; each for the offence of obtaining money by false pretense.

 

 

“He ordered the convicts to; jointly restitute the sum of N15,000,000 to their victim, in default of which they are to serve an additional five years’ prison term.”

 

 

God

 

 

Meanwhile, the Nigerian government has stated that it is relying on God as plans have been; concluded to secure the release of the remaining 35 Kaduna-Abuja train passengers who were kidnapped by terrorists on March 28, 2022.

 

 

Terrorists attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train with more than 300 passengers onboard, killing eight and kidnapping 77 passengers while dozens were; injured.

 

 

So far, 42 victims have been; released after millions of naira were paid as ransoms while 35 were; still in the terrorists’ captivity.

About The Author

Chuks Ofurum is a staff of 1ST NEWS. He writes the weekly column "The Mouthpiece". [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.