Eguavoen quits Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser position after failure to qualify for World Cup

Eguavoen quits Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser position after failure to qualify for World Cup

Augustine Eguavoen has stepped down from his position as the Super Eagles Technical Adviser with immediate effect.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) announced on Thursday, March 31.

Mohammed Sanusi, the NFF General Secretary, announced this via the Federation’s Communications Department.

He said the resignation of Eguavoen was a consequence of the failure of the Super Eagles of Nigeria to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup billed for Qatar.

Sanusi stated further that the NFF has in the meantime withdrawn the two-and-a-half-year contract offered to the team’s coaches.

“In addition, we have terminated the appointment of the entire members of the technical crew of the team with immediate effect,” he said.

The NFF General Secretary also added that a new technical crew would be announced for the team after a proper review.

“The new technical crew is to lead the new charge of reinvigorating the Super Eagles to face future challenges appropriately.”

He then expressed the Federation’s appreciation of Eguavoen as well as the sacked coaches for their service to the nation; and also wish them success in their future endeavours.

Meanwhile, Senator Ali Ndume has lambasted the President Muhammadu Buhari administration over its handling of insecurity in the country, accusing it of complacency.

The Borno South lawmaker made the comment on Wednesday, March 31. This was during an interview on Channels Television’s current affairs programme, Politics Today.

The lawmaker insisted that there is a lot of kleptocracy in the current administration; and that except the government did something about it, things will not change.

Ndume was speaking in reaction to a remark by the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi. The Minister had stated that the attack on the Kaduna-Abuja rail line could have been avoided; if digital security equipment had been procured.

The minister said his colleagues declined approval for the purchase.

Also Read: Railway Corp tasks media against false information after Kaduna attacks

Ndume faulted the failure to approve the purchase.

“If you look at it deeply, there is a lot of complacency in it. You have the MTN services. These people are using phones so you can track them. With today’s technology, people are taken away; and you say you don’t know where they are. No, I mean let’s be serious,” the lawmaker noted.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.