Fire destroys property worth millions of Naira in Ondo

Fire destroys property worth millions of Naira in Ondo

 

A fire accident in the hilly town of Idanre, the headquarters of Idanre Local Government Area of Ondo State; destroyed property worth millions of Naira.

Although the inferno did not claim lives, but it consumed a furniture factory, textile store, phone shops; as well as a nursery and primary school.

Though the cause of the inferno is still ongoing; some residents told newsmen that it could be as a result of power surge in one of the affected shops.

One of the victims and owner of the furniture workshop, Oluwatobi Atere; who was overwhelmed with grief said he had lost property close to thirty million naira.

 

READ ALSO: Mother, 3 daughters die in Yobe fire

 

A community leader in Idanre, Ondo, Adesoji Abiodun, who assisted in putting it out; lamented the late arrival of men of the fire service.

Abiodun added that the level of destruction would have been minimal had the fire brigade responded early enough.

Reacting, the Owa of Idanre, Oba Frederick Aroloye, consoled the victims of the inferno incident; even as he called for the establishment of a fire station in the community.

Recently, 1st News reported that a strange fire gutted Patterson Memorial Grammar School, Awada, Onitsha, Anambra state has killed an 11-year-old student, identified as Chigozie Anyichie; burning him beyond recognition in his school hostel.

The deceased, who is reportedly a JSS 1 student, was inside the school’s hostel; when the incident occurred, while others had gone for devotion.

A source said, “The inferno destroyed property worth millions of naira; while it burnt the deceased beyond recognition.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the incident; adding that they are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire and value of property destroyed.

Mohammed said, “One Rev. Dr. Kajetan Anuforo, the Principal of Patterson Memorial Grammar School, Awada reported at Awada Police Station; that there was a fire outbreak in the school at a section of the school dormitory when the students were out in the field for prayers.

About The Author

Humanitarian reporter, writer and author 1stnews.com [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *