Fire guts shops in Ondo on Christmas Day (Sun)

Fire guts shops in Ondo on Christmas Day (Sun)

Tragedy struck in Akure, Ondo State capital on Christmas Day as about 20 shops were gutted by fire.

Sources said the incident, caused by electric surge, happened when many were celebrating christmas and led to loss of valuables worth millions of naira.

It was gathered that the fire incident started from a shop located at Obanla Junction along Oba Adesida Road and spread to other places in the area.

Officials of the state Fire Service and those of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) attributed the inferno to carelessness on the part of the shop owners.

It was gathered that the inferno affected bookshops and some shops where plastic containers are being sold. Read more

About The Author

Osigweh Lilian Oluchi is a graduate of the University of Lagos where she obtained a B.A (Hons) in English, Masters in Public and International affairs (MPIA). Currently works with 1stnews as a Database Manager / Writer. [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.