Garba Shehu tests negative to COVID-19, advocates self-isolation

Garba Shehu tests negative to COVID-19, advocates self-isolation

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, has disclosed that he tested negative to the deadly Coronavirus disease.

The Presidential aide, made this known on his verified Twitter account in Abuja on Saturday, March 28.

Garba Shehu advised all citizens to stay at home as recommended by relevant authorities to guide against the spread of the virus.

He said: ”My test proved negative for the virus. Notwithstanding, I advise everyone that we continue the isolation and work from home.”

It was reported that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), through its verified Twitter account, revealed that as at 4. 00 p.m of March 28; Lagos had additional seven new cases of the Coronavirus, while Benue recorded its first confirmed case.

According to it, this brings the total confirmed cases in the country to 89, with three treated and discharged, while one death was recorded.

It added that currently, Lagos has 59, Abuja, 14, Ogun, Three, Oyo, three, Edo, two, Bauchi two, while Benue, Ekiti, Osun, and Rivers have one case each.

Meanwhile, Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai of Kaduna State on Saturday, March 28, said he has tested positive to Coronavirus.

It was also reported that this result by El-Rufai is the first case of COVID-19 recorded in Kaduna state.

The governor, who made the disclosure in a statement he issued in Kaduna, said he has gone into self-isolation.

“Earlier this week, I submitted a sample for the Covid-19 test. The result came in this evening, and I regret to say that it is positive.

“According to the protocols for managing Covid-19; I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for someone that is not showing symptoms.

Also Read: Coronavirus: Federal Ministers donate half of March salaries to aid fight against pandemic

“I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.

“It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe; stay home; and stay alive.

“The Deputy Governor is chairing our Covid-19 Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time,” El-Rufai said.

About The Author

Mayowa Oladeji

A writer with a keen interest in human stories and topical issues around the world. mayowa.oladeji@1stnews.com

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *