- It has come to the knowledge of the Anambra State Government that a fast growing number of political parties and their candidates participating in the 2019 general election boldly claim that Governor Willie Obiano has endorsed them. To make the claim look authentic, many have published in their campaign posters, fliers and banners their pictures with Governor Obiano. Many of the photographs were taken with the governor at public functions, churches, etc, often without the governor knowing about them.
- Some of these parties and their candidates pledge to Ndi Anambra that once they win, they will publicly declare support to Gov Obiano and join or rejoin the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), as the case may be.
- Some of the candidates have even forged statements purportedly made by the Anambra State Commissioner for information & Public Enlightenment, Mr C. Don Adinuba, supporting their candidatures. The statements often appear in poorly written English.
- The Anambra State Government wishes to state categorically that the claims by the parties and politicians are false, misleading and disingenuous. Governor Obiano endorses only APGA candidates in the forthcoming election. As the APGA National Leader and Chairman of the APGA Board of Trustees, he cannot endorse candidates contesting on the platforms of other political parties.
- All Ndi Anambra should, therefore, disregard the claim by the politicians that Chief Obiano has endorsed them when they are not APGA candidates. These politicians want to use Chief Obiano’s immense popularity to hoodwink Anambra State voters and make them vote for candidates other than those of APGA.
- Though the overwhelming majority of our people are too discerning and sophisticated to fall prey to this trick, it is important to bring to the fore the grand design by people seeking public office by all means to cajole Ndi Anambra. This trick is nothing less than “419” because the perpetrators want to obtain power through false pretense.
- For the umpteenth time, the good people of Anambra State are encouraged to vote only APGA, so that the ongoing excellent work in various facets of our existence will continue.
- Anambra State has now become about the most competitive state in Nigeria and the most peaceful and stable in the country. Ndi Anambra will not tolerate anything which can disrupt the present development trajectory.
God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation.
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.