Instagram has gained immense popularity in recent times.
People can share their pictures, videos, reels among others on their Instagram account.
Also, similar to Twitter, Koo and some other social networking platforms Instagram also provides verification badges to its users.
A verified badge is a check which a user can notice next to an Instagram account’s name in search and on the profile.
It signifies that Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of a public figure, celebrity or brand it represents.
The verified badge also helps people find the real accounts of public figures and brands.
Also it can be noted that once the Instagram account gets verified; you may not change the username on your account, and verification cannot be transferred to a different account.
As per the information provided by the application, to request a verified badge; you must be a public figure, celebrity or brand and meet certain account and eligibility requirements.
Instagram: What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge?
In order to get your Instagram account verified, your account needs to be:
1. Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
2. Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
3. Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
4. Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. Instagram reviews accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and it does not consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.
Instagram: How to request a verified badge
Users need to be sure that they are logged in to the account they are requesting a verified badge for.
1. Tap Instagram-user-profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
2. Tap more options in the top right, then tap Settings.
3. Tap Account, then tap Request verification.
4. Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID or official business documents).
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
You need to remember that even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request does not guarantee that your account will be verified.
If you receive a verified badge using false or misleading information during the verification process; Instagram will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to disable your account.