A number of prominent Christian leaders were conspicuously missing on Friday, July 9, 2021 as the Founder of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua, aka TB Joshua, was laid to rest
1st News reports that TB Joshua passed on exactly on July 5, 2021, a week to his 58th birthday.
A week-long ceremony had been witnessed culminating in his burial on Friday.
1st News reports that the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) had sent a delegation to the funeral. However, the rest of Christendom had stayed away from the proceedings.
Indeed, the list of top Nigerian pastors who were conspicuously absent from the Synagogue leader’s funeral read like a Who’s Who in Christendom.
Specifically, they include the following:
- Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG);
- Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church also known as Winners Chapel;
- Paul Enenche of Dunamis Church; Apostle John Suleiman of Omega Fire Ministries;
- Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar;
- W.F Kumuyi of Deeper Life Church;
- Pastor Bolaji Idowu of Harvesters International Christian Centre;
ALSO READ: TB Joshua: Nollywood star blasts Church leaders as Adeboye, Oyedepo, others conspicuously missing at funeral
- Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy
- Lazarus Mouka of the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Church;
- Pastor Chris Okotie of the Household of God Church International Ministries;
- Pastor Tunde Bakare of Citadel Global Community Church (formerly Latter Rain Assembly)
- Matthew Ashimolowo of of Kingsway International Christian Centre, among many others.
1st News reports that the funeral attracted prominent Nigerians from all walks of life including politicians, Nollywood actors, footballers and a huge sprinkling of foreigners.
Also present among the dignitaries who stormed the hustling and bustling town of Ikotun, Lagos, on Friday for the ceremony was Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu; Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, represented by the state’s Commissioner for Home Affairs, Mr Olarewaju Elegushi; Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation; the Aare Oona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Aare Gani Adams; wife of the Ooni of Ife, Olori Naomi Adeyeye and High Chief Bibopere Ajube, among others.
In addition, leading international gospel singers, Shirley Murdock and Byron Cage, were among those that performed at the funeral.
Meanwhile, the ceremony witnessed a rain of eulogies on the departed TB Joshua. Also, a huge crowd turned up to witness the event, with many others following the ceremony online.