Prominent Nigerian Instagram comedienne and influencer, Maraji has come under fire due to her controversial post on the social media platform, Twitter.
She had earlier wrote on her Instagram story about Jesus being the saviour of the world. This is in apparent disregard to other religions including Islam.
“There is only one way to heaven.
No Allah, No Buddha, No Krishna, No Evolution.
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6.”
This has caused a lot of comments from social media users. Below are some of the comments on social media:
See some reactions below:
“– Maraji shouldn’t have said what she said, not even at this time. Besides, Christianity is not about condemnation. You can preach about your religion in other ways without relegating the faith of others.
– Just seeing this on Maraji’s page, and in as much as it might just be her personal opinion, I must say the mentality is actually shallow. This is why I still say Christians are largely misguided.
– I have never even Rated Maraji tho
Looking at some things technically, if she was born into a Islamic Religion or any other one, she would def feel her Religion is the right one, this Religion thing get as e be jere.
Morever some things are better left unsaid
– I’m still trying to understand what people find wrong in what Maraji posted! She aired her own opinion, what’s wrong with that please?
Each person is free to worship whatever and whoever they want to, d Nigerian constitution provides that.
– But what
Said is the truth , it is the basic of being a Christian. I see no problem with her views.
It’s not being insensitive, its knowing Christ as the only way.
– I don’t see anything wrong in what Maraji said to be honest, I once read a Qoran that sees Christians as unbelievers.
Some Muslims condemn Christians so why is everyone angry
What she said might not be the truth but it’s not wrong either…
– the problem with maraji’s post is the obvious insensitivity.
if you don’t see it, you’re part of the problem too.
– “Maraji is cancelled” but your mum has been begging you not to eat sallah meat since yesterday”
Maraji seems to be unapologetic about her statement but claims she didn’t mean to be offensive but won’t bend her truth just to adjust to standards of other people.
Latest posts by Adekunle Fajana (see all)
- Yul Edochie: How to handle social media pressure - February 18, 2020
- Mercy subtly shades Tacha while on vacation in London - February 18, 2020
- Olakunle Churchill, Tonto Dikeh’s ex-husband writes heartwarming note to son - February 18, 2020