NCDC driver tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa

NCDC driver tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa

A driver with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Nasarawa.

Specifically, the state Gov. Abdullahi Sule made the disclosure on Tuesday in Lafia during an expanded state security meeting.

Sule said that the driver transported test samples to the NCDC in Abuja; and contracted the virus in the process. Further, he said the driver who resided at Ado in Karu Local Government Area of the state; received the confirmation of the positive result on Tuesday morning.

 

READ ALSO: Another WHO staff in Bauchi office tests positive for COVID-19

 

According to the governor, the patient had been moved to an isolation centre at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Keffi, for treatment.

Sule said that all the coronavirus patients were receiving treatment; at the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital, Lafia, and the FMC.

 

Driver

 

He said that the state had taken delivery of 6,000 personal protective equipment; 50,000 imported face masks as well as 50,000  face masks made by the National Youth Service Corps.

The governor urged the people of the state to adhere to all directives on COVID-19  prevention; in order to stem the tide of the virus.

Recently, 1st News reported that a World Health Organisation (WHO) official in Bauchi Office, has tested positive to the deadly Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bauchi State.

Dr Aliyu Maigoro, Bauchi State Commissioner for Health, confirmed this on Sunday in a statement in Bauchi; by Mr Ibrahim Sani, Information Officer, Bauchi State Primary Healthcare Development Agency.

Maigoro said, “they decontaminated and sealed both WHO and UNICEF offices in the state for two weeks.

READ ALSO: WHO chief laments U.S. decision to pull COVID-19 funding

“Following the Confirmation of a staff of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Bauchi Office; who tested positive for COVID-19, the UNICEF/WHO offices have been decontaminated; and now officially closed down for two weeks.

“The exercise was conducted on April 19 in the presence of the Executive Chairman, Bauchi State Primary HealthCare Development Agency, Dr Rilwanu Mohammed; as part of prevention measures and to de-escalate the spread of the virus in the state,” Maigoro said.

About The Author

Humanitarian reporter, writer and author 1stnews.com [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *