NECO discloses non-extension of registration for 2021 SSCE internal candidates

NECO discloses non-extension of registration for 2021 SSCE internal candidates

The National Examinations Council (NECO) will not extend the registration period for the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) internal candidates.

This was contained in a statement issued by its Head of Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani.

Mr. Sani said that the registration exercise which started on 31st March will close on Friday, 25th June 2021, and will not be subjected to extension.

He added that the NECO examination will commence unfailingly on Monday, 5th July 2021.

According to him, this will enable efficient and effective planning for the examination logistics required for the smooth conduct of the 2021 SSCE internal candidates.

“State Ministries of Education, Commandants, Principals, Proprietors, and other relevant stakeholders are enjoined to take note of the closing date and ensure timely completion of their candidates’ registration.

“The Council assures all stakeholders of its resolve to have seamless conduct of the 2021 NECO SSCE”, he further stated.

Meanwhile, Gov. Seyi Makinde of Oyo State on Tuesday, June 8, promised to empower local security guards; and members of vigilante groups to end insecurity in Ibarapa land.

Makinde’s visit followed the last Saturday night attack on the Igangan community in the Ibarapa axis of Oyo State by yet to be identified gunmen.

The governor in a statement on Tuesday evening by Mr Taiwo Adisa, his Chief Press Secretary, said he would do everything within his powers to safeguard the lives of residents of the state.

Makinde, however, vowed that his government would do everything possible to prevent a recurrence of the violent attacks on Igangan; and other communities in the state.

The governor, during his visit to the families of the victims of the attack; said that the state government had been able to identify areas where there were lapses.

Also Read: APC warns Nigerians against using VPN for Twitter access

He then called on the people to give his government the opportunity to address the situation; and put in place the right security architecture that would enable them to return to their normal lives without fear.

“I urge you to give me that chance to make the issue of insecurity here become a thing of the past. Don’t take laws into your hands.

“We have identified where there are hitches. We are supposed to be going to our farms by now; because of the favourable weather. But hold me accountable, I have nowhere to go.

“I believe there are some certain things we put in place, which we think would work; but unfortunately, they did not work.

“Please, give me some time, everything will be resolved,” he pleaded.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.