Garden Egg Stew is a Nigerian stew made with fresh garden eggs.
Garden Egg Sauce may well be the best sauce for Boiled White Yam, Plantain, Rice, Agidi.
- 6-8 large garden eggs (any variety/shape will do)
- 2 tablespoons Groundnut oil or Palm oil
- 1/2 of a medium onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 large tatashe (Bell pepper), 2 hot peppers (Rodo) and 1 medium onion – (Rough Blended)
- Flaked Fish ( I used Mackerel- Boiled and De-boned )
- 1 Tablespoon blended crayfish
- Maggi & Salt – To Taste
- Boil the garden eggs for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Peel the garden eggs skin by gently pulling on the thin white coating (cut and remove the seeds in the center if you prefer). Roughly chop up the peeled garden eggs or lightly crush them.
- Set a pot on medium heat, add in the oil. Wait 2 minutes then add in the onions. fry the onions until translucent
- Add in all the other ingredients except the fish. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes
- Add the crushed garden eggs and fish into the sauce, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.