Odion Ighalo slams FG over Lekki massacre

Odion Ighalo slams FG over Lekki massacre

Former Nigerian international and Manchester United forward, Odion Ighalo has lambasted the Nigerian government in a video that he published on his social media platform, Twitter.

 

Odion Ighalo berated the government for the cruel treatment of its citizens.

 

The former Nigerian Super Eagles Forward vent his anger against the government following the killings of unarmed protesters at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos.

 

Ighalo described the Nigerian government as a shame to the world.

 

ALSO READ: Sanwo-Olu reacts to Lekki shooting

 

Here is what he said;

 

“For killing your citizens, for sending the military to the streets to kill unharmful protesters; because they are protesting for their rights is uncalled for.”

 

“You will be remembered in history as the first government that sent the military to kill its citizens,” He said.

 

Ighalo thereafter called on world powers to come to the aid of innocent Nigerians.

 

Watch the video below.

 

Equally important, there were reports of massive shooting by security agents at protesters on Tuesday evening at the Lekki Toll Gate.

 

The development has cascaded into outrage on social media.

 

It was gathered that light around the toll plaza went off before the security agents stormed the protesters, shooting sporadically.

 

Seven persons have reportedly been killed after gunshots were reportedly fired at End SARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday night, October 20.

 

Armed security agents reportedly fired the gunshots to disperse the protesters.

 

According to Nollywood actress, Ufuomma McDermott, she stated that the lights in the area were turned off before the gunshots began. She alleged that seven persons have been killed so far.

 

 

VIDEO CREDIT

 

 

About The Author

Discreet Writer. Avid reader. Creativity Savvy Emerging Billionaire. [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.