Pentagon says reports of US drone being shot down in Iran is incorrect

Pentagon says reports of US drone being shot down in Iran is incorrect

The Pentagon on Friday denied reports that a US drone was shot down by Iranian defence forces in the province of Khuzestan, saying all American military equipment in the area is accounted for.

 

“Alleged reports of a US drone being shot down are incorrect,” US Central Command (CENTCOM) wrote on Twitter. “If an Unmanned Aircraft System {UAS) had gone down in the CENTCOM [area] it was not a DoD asset. All US equipment has been accounted for”.

Also Read: Tehran denies US claim of destroying Iranian drone

​The Iranian military earlier on Friday said that the country’s air defence forces had downed a foreign drone near Mahshahr port in the country’s Khuzestan province, ISNA news agency reported. It was unclear, however, whether the UAV was military or civilian.

Follow me

Daniel Oduma-Jato

Staff Writer at 1stnews.com
I Workout, I Write, I Run
Fitness buff first. Also curate articles along the technology, wellness, and health lines.
Best described as a Fitpreneur.
Daniel Oduma-Jato
Follow me

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *