The Borno State Police Command has arrested a 20-year-old man, identified as Abubakar Muhammed, for alleged kidnap and murder of a five-year-old boy.
According to the state’s Commissioner of Police, Muhammed Aliyu, the personnel arrested the suspect after a complaint they received; from one Imranu Abdullahi, father of the boy, a resident in Bulumkutu ward of Maiduguri.
“From our findings, the suspect, after abducting the boy; contacted his family and demanded one million naira as ransom,” Aliyu told newsmen on Tuesday.
He said that the complainant had already made payment of N250,000 to the kidnappers; before reporting the case to the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad(FSARS), in the state.
He said that a team of FSARS squad immediately swung into action; using technical intelligence, forensic investigation and succeeded in apprehending the suspect.
“The suspect, during investigation, revealed that he had killed the victim and buried him; at one Islamic school directly opposite the resident of the victim’s father.
“Consequently, relevant authorities, armed with a court order, exhumed the body; which they have released to the father for proper burial after autopsy,” he said.
Aliyu said that the Police were trailing three other suspects connected to the killing; vowing that they would face the full wrath of the law if found culpable.
In a recent happening, 1st News reported that the Defence Headquarters says the Nigerian Army troops of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) have eliminated 134 Boko Haram/Islamic States of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists and arrested 16 informants in Borno.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche disclosed this in a statement on Monday, May 4; in Abuja.
Enenche disclosed that the success was recorded in the ongoing subsidiary operation in the North East Theatre of Operation code-named ‘Operation Kantana Jimlan.’
He said the operation, being conducted as part of the conclusive phase of OPLD, was already recording monumental successes.