Sanwo-Olu: Expiration of COVID-19 lockdown to be decided by FG

Sanwo-Olu: Expiration of COVID-19 lockdown to be decided by FG

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said on Saturday, April 4; that the Federal Government would determine any extension on the restriction of movement after the expiration of the initial two weeks order.

Sanwo-Olu, who disclosed this while briefing State House Correspondents on the COVID-19 pandemic situation in the state held at Lagos House Marina; said the state had recorded 11 fresh cases of coronavirus.

He likewise said it is only the federal government that could extend the restriction of movement.

Also Read: Pantami slams reports of 5G acquisition in Nigeria, explains no license issued yet

Sanwo-Olu said, “It has been five days since the federal government ordered a restriction of movement in Lagos State; as part of measures to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“It has not been easy, but it is abundantly clear that this was a step that had to be taken; a necessary sacrifice, to avoid far more disruptive outcomes.”

Also,

“The restrictions have also started paying off. The Nigeria Center for Disease Control has told us that they have been able to take advantage of the absence of traffic on our roads to make appreciable progress in their contact tracing.

“I would like to thank everyone who has dutifully obeyed the instruction to stay indoors; resisting the temptation to defy these directives that have been made for the good of all of us.”

Also,

“I am pleased to announce more good news about the recoveries we are seeing among COVID-19 patients in Lagos State.

“So far, 24 patients have been discharged from our hospital in Yaba; after the experts gave each of them a clean bill of health.

“The most recent four were released yesterday (Friday). You may have seen videos and testimonials from some of them in the media. We are all just as delighted as they are.

“Just as we have seen some patients being discharged, we, unfortunately, also have some new ones being discovered in the metropolis.

“On Friday, April 3, 2020, 11 new patients were diagnosed; bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 109.

“I have no doubt that all the patients will continue to enjoy the excellent care being offered by our indefatigable medical officials; who deserve credit for their heroic exploits on the frontlines of this battle.”

About The Author

Mayowa Oladeji

A writer with a keen interest in human stories and topical issues around the world. mayowa.oladeji@1stnews.com

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *