Slow living isn’t always easy, especially in a world where there is an obsession with quick, fast and more efficient. With fast food, fast cars, fast fashion and fast lives, it feels like the world is spinning faster and faster.
Our lives are filled with instant gratification and the glorification of busy.
It’s not surprising that, to find a balance in life, more and more people are looking for ways to slow down their lives. To enjoy every moment, be more present and stop rushing and running.
Just like you! But, where do you start? And how do you incorporate slow living and mindfulness in your real-2017-life? We’ve made a list with ten things you can easily incorporate in your own life this year.
No need for dramatic changes, just ten things to help you slow down your pace and live more in the moment.
Tip: choose one (or a few) that sound interesting (or not too scary!) to you and start from there
- Eat your meals without checking your phone
- Go on a nature walk, focus on your surroundings
- Take time to do nothing, Take nap, daydream
- Make reading part of your night routine
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator
- Cook homemade meals, make your pastries
- Focus on listening in a conversation
- Keep a journal, meditate / practice mindfulness
- Buy seasonal foods, vegetables and flowers
- Give yourself time off – No work, No electronics