Tyson Fury hails Jesus Christ again after Dillian Whyte KO, set to quit

Tyson Fury hails Jesus Christ again after Dillian Whyte KO, set to quit

Tyson Fury once again praised Jesus Christ after retaining his WBC world heavyweight title by stopping Dillian Whyte brutally and clinically near the end of the sixth round on Saturday night at Wembley Stadium.

‘‘First of all, I want to say, as always, I dedicate this to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He gave me the victory again this night and I give him the glory, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

‘’I won this fight in my country, in my lovely England. I just want to say I’m overwhelmed with the support. And I cannot believe that my 94,000 countrymen and women came out here tonight to see me performance. I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much to every single person who bought a ticket here tonight or stayed up late to watch on TV.’’

Further, Tyson Fury was magnanimous in victory, hailing his rival, Dillian Whyte.

‘’Listen, Dillian Whyte is a warrior. I believe Dillian will be a world champion. But tonight, he met the greatest in the sport. I’m one of the greatest heavyweights of all times. Unfortunately for Dillian Whyte, he had to face me here tonight. It’s no disgrace. He’s a tough game man, he’s the strongest of all and he’s got the heart of a lion.

ALSO READ: Dillian Whyte blasts Tyson Fury ahead of world heavyweight title fight

Tyson Fury

‘’But, you know, you’re not messing with a mediocre heavyweight. He’s messing with the best man in the world and he saw that tonight.’’

Meanwhile, Tyson Fury also addressed retirement rumours during his ringside interview.

‘’You know, I promised my lovely wife, Paris of 14 years, that after the Wilder three fights, that’d be it. It was a great trilogy and I meant that. But I got an offer to fight at Wembley here, at home. I owed it to the fans. I owed it to everybody in the United Kingdom to come here and fight at Wembley. Now, it’s all done. I have to be a man of my words. This might be the final curtain for the Gyspy King and what a way to go out! A big thank you to the United Kingdom.’’

After a cagey and often ugly bout, which Tyson Fury controlled even though both fighters were warned by the referee for some roughhouse brawling; the champion brought the fight to a shuddering conclusion. He snapped out another left jab and then, with Whyte suddenly open and vulnerable, Fury uncorked a vicious right uppercut.

It was a devastating punch, reminiscent of the chilling uppercut that Alexander Povetkin used to knock out Whyte in August 2020. But this time, Whyte was not rendered unconscious despite losing a tooth and his bearings. He staggered to his feet but, trying to walk towards the referee, Mark Lyson, he weaved and stumbled.

ALSO READ: Anthony Joshua confirms change of coaching team for Oleksandr Usyk rematch

Lyson had no option but to wave the fight over because Whyte had clearly been separated from his senses.

Whyte came out boxing as a southpaw but Fury remained watchful, preferring to land the occasional jab and sharp combination. The challenger tried to jab often to Fury’s relatively fleshy body but the difference in class was apparent. Fury also switched back and forth from southpaw to his more usual orthodox style. Whyte threw some big punches, but few of them came close to landing, and he seemed intent on turning the fight into a brawl.

At the end of the third, as Vaseline was smeared across his face, Whyte already looked to be breathing hard in his corner. Fury, meanwhile, was calm and composed as he listened to instructions from his trainer, Sugarhill Steward.


About The Author

Epicurean. Wordsmith... [email protected]

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.